A WEEKEND IN NEWPORT, RI
Listen to the audio to hear the story behind this photo journal "A Weekend in Newport, RI" and for more on the history of the mansions, what to pack and who to see for a weekend of self-care.
The lighter and brighter areas of the Breakers.
parks and gardens
- Belles Cafe, located in the Newport shipyard, a cute indoor/outdoor eatery with a variety of egg omelets and fresh breakfast choices. GF available.
- Salvation Cafe, casual and fun dining with a quirky interior, healthy dishes, indoor/outdoor/rooftop, perfect for a group of friends
- The Mooring - large indoor/outdoor restaurant at the marina, focusing on fresh seafood with GF options available. Perfect for groups of friends, couples, families, bachelorette dinners, and dinner dates. This place is loud, packed and at the center of Downtown Newport nightly action.
- The Third & Elm Press, Limited Edition Prints and Stationary
- Intuitive Body, Lisa Claudia Briggs
- Perelandra, Vegetable Essences (not made in Newport, but some wonderful essences that were tried during my stay and that helped tremendously with anxiety amongst crowds.)
WHAT TO PACK
- Small tote bag to fit daytime essentials, water and camera (In the summers, I carry my Neverfull Damier Azur Canvas bag)
- Duke Farms, Hillsborough, New Jersey
- "The Golden Age of American Gardens" by Mac Griswold and Eleanor Weller
*there are no affiliate links in this post, all suggestions are personal recommendations of the author.